To make the most out of the test
PROGOS Japanese is a test that measures your current speaking proficirncy. You will hear an automated voice, after which you need to answer the question.
Speak as much as possible.
If you don’t say anything, you will get a score of zero. There is no need to use difficult words. Use as many related words as possible that you know, and make sure use all the time you have available to answer to speak.
When answering the question, pay attention to the following points to get a higher score.
1) Listen carefully to the question and answer logically (also give reasons, assumptions, or examples, etc.).
2) Use a variety of words and speak using the correct grammar.
3) Try to speak in a way that is easy to understand (pronunciation, accent, and intonation).
The test will be delivered in an automated recorded voice, but respond or answer as if you were actually talking to a person.
Notes on the test:
- The audio will be played only once.
- All questions have a fixed time to answer. When the time is up, you will automatically proceed to the next question.
- You cannot return to the previous question.
- Please take the test in a stable communication environment and speak clearly when answering. Inaudible recordings will not be graded.
- Please do the “Environment Check Test” before the test to make sure there are no technical problems.
- If communication is lost during the test, you must register for the test again.
- However, if the communication is lost for reasons beyond the control of the test taker, you may start from where you left off.
Part 1: Interview
You will answer short verbal questions (i.e. there is no text). Listen carefully to the audio. If you do not understand the whole question, say something about the part that you do understand.
Number of questions: 10
Preparation time: None
Response time: 20 seconds each
Explanation will be played in Japanese.
How to answer:
Listen and read the question → Think about your answer (40 seconds) → Answer (60 seconds)